Engaged in our community.
Giving back to schools, charities, and organizations is one way
we take care of our friends and neighbors.
One way in which we contribute to our community is through OOROO CARES, our charitable giving program that contributes to organizations and fundraisers. We see this as a vital extension of the way we care for our customers.
We work to be an active part of the Tucson Community. We’ve contributed to local schools, charities, and community organizations:
- Oro Valley Fastpitch Softball
- Greater Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Knights of Columbus Council
- Copper Creek Elementary
- Oro Valley Optimist Club
- Seniors for Kids
- Canyon Del Oro High School Football and Baseball Teams
- Ironwood Ridge High School Basketball Team, Softball Team, and Theatre Department
- Project Graduation (Amphi, Canyon Del Oro, Ironwood Ridge)
- Immaculate Heart High School
- BASIS Oro Valley
- Tucson Soccer Academy
- American Legion Oro Valley
- Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge
- Arizona Distance Classic
- Law Enforcement Wives Club
- Oro Valley Police Department
Each year, profits (defined as retail price minus direct costs) from the sale of these items will go to the winning organization/program for that particular year. Here’s how it works: 501(c)(3) organizations apply, we narrow down the choices based on criteria listed in the application, our community votes, and the winning organization gets a check at the end of the year.
If you’re a 501(c)(3) organization and interested in applying for the 2017 OOROO Cares Charitable Organization Funding, click here.
Congratulations to the winning organization for the year 2017, Amphi Foundation! We’re now selling OOROO logo merchandise in our lobby, including (but not limited to) shirts, hats, mugs, and water bottles.
OOROO CARES Joy Ride
For the first time, we’re launching a pro-bono initiative this holiday season where Vistoso Automotive will repair vehicles without charge for those who cannot afford car care and whose everyday needs depend on having a working vehicle.
Potential nominees must be in dire need of vehicle repair for the primary vehicle, i.e. to get to and from work, home, school, health care visits, etc.
- Accepting nominations from November 7, 2016-December 6, 2016.
- The nominee cannot know that they are being nominated.
- The nominator and the nominee must be 18 years of age or older.
- The nominee must be in dire need of support. The ideal nominee will have demonstrated altruism (giving back in some form) in their community (i.e. friends and family, place of work, place of worship, school, charitable organizations, etc).
- A third party group of panelists consisting of 3-5 people in the Oro Valley community will review nominations.
- There will be a maximum dollars spent cap per recipient of $1,000 (retail labor and parts).
- Nominators must provide their contact information as well as the best way to contact nominees (phone and/or email).
- Current customers, employees and their families, and vendors are not eligible to be nominated.
- There will be up to two award recipients chosen.
- Recipient(s) will be notified by Monday, December 19, 2016.
For more information about this OOROO CARES initiative, please contact Lindsey at (520) 468-7171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can win a $5 Starbucks gift card by spotting Otto on someone’s car or by someone spotting Otto on your car!
Click here for details.
If it were possible to give them more than 5 stars I would. It doesn’t even feel like a shop: great coffee and snacks, Wifi, comfortable seating, clean bathroom, and friendly/helpful employees. This business has changed the way I see auto repair shops, and I will forever be a customer of theirs!
– Ashley Z.